Tuesday, August 23, 2005

thank you

I have spent the last week living off blogs, sometimes feeling terribly voyeuristic and almost as if I should not be so priviliged to know what you tell me (us)....but in essence, today, I feel lucky to have found a network of friends who allow me, for a brief moment to look into their lives......and share it, warts and all...

I have laughed at the wars conducted on every cyber platform his 'cuteness' and the rival in the Blue corner can find, the questions posed that liven the blogging debate from the uses of the man - I am still smiling as i think of things to add to that one - to rantings of mad Kenyan women. I have been seduced by poetry, not only from our purple and blue resident mshairis, but also those who from the backdrop of Big Ben bring a simplicity and vulnerability that moves you tremendoulsy. Those who share their pain and their joys. The butterflies and the Everest like feats ahead of them. Those who every so often come up with delectable posts and yet let our imaginations run wild with what really happened at the Bloggers Inc Family Reunion due to a lack of gos! And ofcourse the satrical humour that purely belongs to both him who thinks out loud and the godfather! I cannot ofcourse forget the 'Sheng King!' who makes working till 4am bearable for i know I have something to make me ache with laughter when I have simply lost the will to stare at witness statements and my computer screen for a moment longer ;-)

To you all, and all those others I forget but who form part of my nightly ritual....I can no longer imagine life without you there every evening to make me smile, feel, laugh out loud, cry and think.....

And last but not least, to the proprieter of that Junkyard, who literally pushed me here and since the conception of our friendship has been a continous inspiration....

21 Comments:

Blogger Sandman said...

Fao - ooohhh the joy. I know what you mean, it's like an exclusive club, this blog world of ours. Yani it's become part of my daily ritual.
Amka, wash my face, brush my teeth, check blogs, comb my hair.......

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@S - I stopped mornings for I was always late! So has become an evening ritual, before I leave work....Anyway! What am I saying? Werucamu girl! And love the eys...

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sandman said...

lol, mimi si msichana!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Wambui,

Very kind words. I think we all find something we are looking for in blogworld. I am personally addicted to it and keep checking the blogs and comments on a daily basis.

Ps- the war isnt over yet- i have only adopted a different strategy to win!!!
Thanx.

Blue

12:58 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Hey Wambui (is it ever Foi, Bobo or Wabi???)

I echo Blue's scentiments.

I've had to reschedule my blog reads/writes to after jobo hours seeing that I was ripping my employer off!!!

But I've been kamatwad hook, line and blogger by this stuff...

KBW rules!!

LOL @sandman's routine and @Blue's revised strategy...

7:07 PM  
Blogger irena said...

Wambui: Incase you have not been in the loop, I came back :-) This is so true I have met wonderful Kenyans blogging and now I'm seriously hooked!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

@S - LOL!

@Blue - not kind...true. Looking forward the resumption of alternative battle tactics.

@Milo - I rip mine off constantly! And he thinks am in work 18/7 just for him ;-)

@Ciru - werucamu back...you were missed girl.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

Btw Milo, were those supposed to be nicknames? LOL!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Milonare said...

*sneaking in a 15min rip off during work*

Yes... Any of them yours???

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write that so beautifully (you are a poet in disguise). I echo the stuff you have said about the blogging world - each blog and owner is like a planet on its own. There is always so much to discover, learn, laugh or cry about.

Please do not use any of those nicknames proposed by Milo:)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

Wambui - I am sure its been said already but this really is a community all on its own. And yes, I am addicted to blogging and rip off my employer shamelessly just to see what each and every one is upto! Its a lovely place and I also have my routine -get into work, log into the system, launch IE, go to blogs (even before my morning coffee) and you have already been privy to "Yay, I'm first here" scenarios. LOL

@Sandman - must be the eyes LOL

@Mshairi - totally agree on nicknames
@Milo - drop it, please!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to say: LOVE the new look, mrembo:)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Eish...

Soon-to-be-Mrs-Blue and Nursy-dear, itzofhau??

Ilikuwa swali tu... I was not branding or suggesting...

*sulking while sucking thumb like msanii*

5:52 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

*release thumb*

Oh.. I forgot the ;)

*replace thumb*

5:53 PM  
Blogger Nyakehu said...

Wambui reading your blog has been an exhilirating (sp) and very exciting experience. I hope you will keep it up and that you will not do a sabbatical on posting on your blog.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

Yani, you know after reading Milo's second blog - he can call me whatever he likes - for a limited period of time ;-)

Man, you moved me. Dear oracles (read G and Mshairi), let this one go.

@Nyakehu - Bless you girl. Bless you. I will try not to, but with 18-20 hr days at present, I am reduced to sneaking in just to read all your posts....I will attempt to be back - soon!

11:55 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Wambui, you keep this up & you'll have me ripping myself off badly since am both employer & employee to my insomniac self,lol!
Honestly thoughk, I can relate. I read blogs more intensely than the Nation & Standard online, I read KBW blogs at the same time as my personal emails. Start & end the day with them. Addictive they are & super fine the people behind them.

Thanks for stopping by twice!, am back from recess, energized & here to stay.
Ditto Mshairi, you write very well Wambui:)!

9:01 AM  
Blogger BRE said...

I thought that I would drop by today to see what my Kenya blogger buddies are up to. Wow, I've been missing a lot. Great to see that blogging is having such a postive impact on people's lives. Your employers won't bust you 'cause they are probably doing the same thing as you___ surfing the Blogosphere.

Great new look for your blog Wambui. You left The Big Easy just in time it seems. Now it looks like the Big Muddy. Good luck down in Tanzania.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

@Akiey - thank GOD for that, I was having serious withdrawal symptons! Thank you 'mtoto' for kind words ;-)

@BRE - Thank you man...the Big Muddy will hopefully still be there I hope for my return in October. I am so worried though for all those I left behind. Good to have you back though.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took my time getting here but let me the first to say: "Na hiyo ndio maendeleo."
:-)

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I am fashionably late, just to say nice look and many thanks :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home