Monday, May 23, 2005

I am here

Finally in Arusha! It has been an experience since day one. Cannot wait to tell you all about it. This place gives new meaning to the term inefficient. One thing that still has me smiling is - they could not send someone to the airport to pick me up because I did not confirm the date I was arriving. This would have been fine, except they booked my ticket!!!! When I pointed this out, they said, I still needed to confirm my arrival date. It was incumbent on the incoming staff member to confirm with the same travel department that booked their non refundable, non transferable, non endorseable ticket, their arrival date. I laughed! What else to do?

Love being in Africa though. Love it. And found Charity too. Will tell you all about her when I get another minute on a computer. Network dies here on a frequent hourly basis so forgive me if I do not post as often as I would like.

Missing New Orleans ALOT!

1 Comments:

Blogger Snapshots of ... said...

;-)

Just had a talk on what building services do! Because that is relevant to my work! How?

SS - it is great here in so many ways and abysmal in so many other ways. Finally got a computer! There is a god! Now I just need to get internet that runs at atleast 52kBps ;-)

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home